Rectangular bladesby LUTZ BLADES
LUTZ BLADES is one of the leading manufacturers of rectangular blades for industrial use. For cutting foils, paper, food as well as for many other cutting tasks you will find the right rectangular blades at LUTZ BLADES. They can be used universally - whether in hand-held cutting tools or also in machines. As classics in our blade range, they now serve as problem solvers for the cutting task at hand in many different industries.
- Razor sharp
- Different cutting edge geometries, depending on the application
- Choice of 1-edged and 2-edged blades
- Consultation on your individual blade if required
- Many years of experience in the production of industrial rectangular blades
- Materials and hard coatings as required
- Blade dispenser for blade removal available piece by piece
- Blade marking and packaging in customer presentation (private label) possible
Our experts will be happy to advise you so that you can quickly find your optimum combination of geometry, material, coating and hardness. We have prepared this form so that you can be forwarded directly to the right contact person. Four quick steps are all it takes - and you are in the best hands.
Our product portfolio offers you blades in thicknesses between 0.06 - 3.0 mm and with final hardnesses between 40 - 85 HRc. You also have a wide choice in our material program:
- Carbon steels
- Rust resistant and stainless steels
- High-performance high-speed steels (HSS)
- Tool steels
- Hard metals
Standard hard material with high wear resistance and relatively high coefficient of friction (against reference material steel approx. 0.4 to 0.7), usually gold-colored, safe application range up to approx. 300 °C.
Has lower wear resistance than TiN with significantly lower coefficient of friction (against reference material steel approx. 0.3 to 0.5), usually anthracite colored.
Intermediate coating material between the high wear resistance of TiN and the low coefficient of friction of TiC, relative position between TiN and TiC depending on the ratio of C and N, usually anthracite color.
Has greater oxidation resistance than TiN with comparable coefficient of friction, usually anthracite blue.
With a wear resistance similar to TiN, but denser structure (morphology) than TiN and thus greater resistance to pitting under appropriate load, usually steel colored.
Has high wear resistance with low coefficient of friction (approx. 0.1 against reference material steel); susceptible to impact loads and high temperatures (between 100 and 300 °C depending on structure).
Has lower wear resistance than TiN. Advantage of CrN: lower residual stresses than TiN. Therefore partially useful for applications with high bending load.
Teflon® non-stick coating (PTFE); due to the very low surface tension, practically no foreign bodies stick to the cutting edge, resistant to acids and alkalis; significantly reduced frictional resistance; the very low static friction allows jerk-free cutting (therefore very suitable for the medical sector); low wear resistance; not suitable for contact with sodium and at temperatures above 250 °C.
Applied over the entire surface, serves as a sorting aid for different material thicknesses and as corrosion protection.
Blueing / Blackening
Applied over the entire surface, light corrosion and starch protection, also serves as a distinguishing aid.
Do you need a blade that is tailored to your individual cutting process? Which, even if produced in small quantities, has a near-series quality? Our development department has the right answer to these questions: prototype production by LUTZ BLADES.
- Near-series initial samples
- Maximum flexibility = customized blades
- Smallest quantities possible
- Efficient and accelerated product development
- Development and optimization of the blade before series production
- Cutting of the blade geometry by state-of-the-art machinery and CNC-based grinding of all radii
- Automatic measurement and testing of the tightest tolerances in the process
- Customized heat treatment and coating